Monday, July 4, 2011

What A Difference A Day Makes...

Twenty-four little hours...

Previously on Self-Made Motherhood Blog: Our dear heroine, *s, was under insane amounts of stress due to an impending international move, impending international travel before the move, movers coming to ship things internationally before the move and before the travel, trying to get her cat the proper permit to enter Hong Kong before he can even be booked as cargo for the flight (which eventually had to be delegated to a very, very generous and wonderful friend already living in Hong Kong. God Bless her little heart!), and the expense of booking her cat on a flight to Hong Kong ($639, and I'm not sure if that's inclusive of taxes and fees, etc.) and also boarding her cat at a kennel while she is doing the above mentioned pre-move travel for work (guesstimating between $650 - 750 for 30 days/nights)...and then, just when *s thought she had a handle on things and the movers/shipping portion of her stress was at an end, FedEx lost her box-o-cryotank with the much coveted swimmers of Bachelor #1 in it. At the 11th hour, FedEx was able to track down the box and send an emissary truck to intercept the one carrying her box-o-cryotank, returning Bachelor #1's swimmers to *s, safe and sound...and not a moment too soon. Upon arriving home, the CD11 OPK revealed a powerfully dark T-line...it's coming!!

The next morning, *s awoke to find herself very much flat on the floor despite the fact that she had gone to sleep on a very nicely inflated, brand new air mattress (her lovely and wonderful most comfy bed in the known universe being on its way to a shipping container destined for the Far East). It would appear that Precious Roy, crazy hairless cat that he is, had not clawed, but bitten a set of punctures into the side of the air mattress. After dutifully taking my morning BBT and recording it online at fertilityfriend.com), I decided sleep trumped ultimate comfort and rolled onto my other side on top of the deflated air mattress on top of the very hard hardwood floor. As I turned onto my left side, I thanked the Almighty for my 11am massage appointment at Opal. If ever there was a day for relaxation, today was that day. Around 9:23am, my cousin rang my cell phone (I forget why), and it was then that I realized the time and that I should get myself together before my massage appointment. My stance on pre-massage grooming is: if someone with great muscle-manipulating skill is kind enough to touch me all over until I fall asleep drooling, the least i can do is be pleasant to touch all over. It's just common decency. I took stock of the lovely box-o-cryotank sitting dutifully upright in the doorway, and remembered what else was afoot today. As I hauled my aching body up off of the hardwood floor, I began to dig around the box that the air mattress came in in search of the patch to cover P.Roy's bite mark and guarantee myself a better night's sleep the next time. With vinyl patch in place, I heaved up from my hunched squat position on the floor and went to the bathroom to do the morning's OPK. A lovely positive (as I had expected it to be), though this T-line was not quite as dark as the CD11 OPK taken 12 hours earlier. To quote a line from my favorite Dr. Seuss book ever, Horton Hatches The Egg: "My egg!! My egg, why it's hatching!!" A round of positive physical sensation and self-reflection was definitely in order. Also, they have a tiny replica of the Venus of Willendorf in the bathroom at Opal, and I like to touch it and say a prayer when I go in. What better to get me into a more positive baby making state of mind and general well being?

After some greetings and pleasantries, my massage therapist looked at me anxiously..."So...?" The last time I'd had a massage was just a couple of days after I'd done my first ICI at home with Bachelor #2's swimmers. I told her that, no, I was not currently pregnant...BUT I was ovulating right now, so this weekend is it! She agreed there was not a moment to lose. "Well, let me get you some jasmine then!" she said as she left the room so that I could undress. The massage was magical and wonderful as always. I'd been so stressed out leading up to it (especially after the events of the previous evening) that I wasn't sure if I might cry or fall asleep. I was hovering between these two states of being...I didn't cry, though I did nod off for a few minutes. Heavenly...*sigh*

I ran a few errands on the way home and then re-inflated the air mattress and took a little nap. I woke up, ordered some Japanese food so that I wouldn't have to cook since I was planning to spend the rest of the evening on my back. I did a second CD12 OPK at 6pm. Still definitely positive, but even lighter T-line this time. Hmmm...I did have a slight temp dip this morning. Could I possibly be ovulating a day early!?!?! I tried not to stress myself out about it. The test was still positive after all. The doorbell rang and I ran out to pay for the Japanese food. I ate a bit of my Salmon Don (my last hurrah of sushi goodness for the next 9 mos. and beyond...hope.hope), then put the rest in the fridge and began prepping the area for the ICI process.

Here we go again....Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

No comments: