Sunday, June 26, 2011

Wait, Wait...Don't Tell Me

Well! There certainly is a lot to catch up on. Previously, on Self-Made Motherhood Blog:
*s inseminated at home 3 times in 2 days using her 2nd choice donor (who, we're sure is a solid human being and a very generous and swell sort of guy, despite the unfortunate fact that he is not our donor choice #1). Then....she waited. And waited. And....didn't have to wait as long as she thought she would to take a home pregnancy test because her period came, signaling the end of her 24 day cycle and heralding the beginning of the next. *sigh* Was *s upset? A bit. Was *s surprised? A bit. But not much. She'd had sore boobs for a few days and then it stopped; and weird cramping a couple of days before AF, and since she never gets cramps except when AF has already arrived, we can assume that maybe something did happen, but it didn't stick. Hence AF. Was *s disappointed? Definitely. Was *s discouraged? Not even a little bit! I mean, who even gets pregnant the firs time they try it this way? Nobody, right? That's why they call it a 'first try'. It's part of the process. However...with an international move looming, and the very existence of her PFC's in the balance, what will *s do next?????

Well, the very same day that AF arrived, I put in a call to The Bank and arranged for shipping of my remaining two vials of Bachelor #2. Since it was CD1, and shipping wasn't gonna go down until CD9, I decided to wait until I got more of my Pre-Travel Pay before purchasing more vials of Bachelor #2 (and yes, I did confirm that waiting a week would not jeopardize his availability for my needs).

BUT THEN...On CD3, I got an e-mail from the lovely Miss T informing me that Bachelor #1 was back on the catalogue and selling like hotcakes! Wha-whaaaaaaaaaaat!?!?!?! As I sat reading this in the Starbucks down the street from my job, I reached into my bag, picked up my cell phone, and started dialing The Bank (Thank GOD for 3-hour time difference from me to them...they're still open on the west coast even if i get out of work a little late on the east). I spoke with Sarah and had my Bachelor #2 vials traded back to Bachelor #1's. Phew! I hung up the phone and continued reading Miss T's latest e-mail update....Then I got a twitchy feeling. I rang back to The Bank and reserved/purchased an additional vial of Bachelor #1 (I used three vials last time, so I wanted at least that many for the second go round). Sarah actually isn't the person who handles reserves, so she left a message for the person who does and said I'd get a call to confirm everything before shipping.

On CD4, I was sitting in the Starbucks internetting after work when I happened upon another e-mail from Miss T. She wanted to check that I was able to get my vials all reserved. Apparently all the IUI's were now sold out and there were only a dozen or so ICI's (what I'm currently using) still available...once again I got right on the phone with The Bank and confirmed that I did, in fact, have 3 vials of Bachelor #1 reserved and ready to ship, including the one I'd purchased the day before (and they'd already charged my card and everything, so it was really a done deal). Since clearing up my whole Pre-Travel Pay situation (or clearing up enough to loosen up the funds), I went ahead and ordered one more vial of Bachelor #1, bringing the total to 4 vials ready to ship on CD9 to receive on CD11. WooHooooo!!!! And by the time I got home from Starbucks a couple hours later, they'd already charged my card for that one, too, so I am sure they are mine all mine!!! Big Love and Thanks to Miss T. for hookin' a sista up!!

I plan to follow pretty much the same insemination schedule that I did the first go round. CD12 in the evening; CD13 in the morning, and finishing off with CD13 in the evening. This time though, I plan to use 2 vials for the CD13 morning insem. I'd like to double up on one or both of the other insems as well, but finances just won't permit it right now. Strength in numbers, right? I still have so much to do for my upcoming international travel for work and then international move for work (after I come back to the states to get my cat). I feel like I'm hemorrhaging money right now. But there's very little chance that a sista can get some very specific Black Girl Hair Stuff in the far east, and I'm not taking any chances...I'm shipping a solid supply of that stuff over ahead of me.

In other news, the day that AF appeared, I'd called The Bank to arrange for shipment for round 2. I also went to early-pregnancy-tests.com to order more OPK's AND some Pre-Seed and a tube of natural progesterone cream (because my LP is a little on the shorter side and I wanna give this thing any advantage I can to stick and stay put). Great...but the day that delivery came, I wasn't home and the USPS left a notice in my mailbox that I could come and pick it up at any time. So...yesterday (CD5) I got up early on a Saturday to go and pick it up. THEY CAN'T FIND MY PACKAGE!!! They took my phone number so that they can speak with the letter carrier and figure out what may have happened, but this is not a time for f*ckin' around, people! I got babies to make and the timing on this business must be precise. There is no room for error in the babysphere at this time of the month! Pull it together USPS! I need that package. I e-mailed customer service at early-pregnancy-tests.com and told them that I never received it, so hopefully, they'll send another and I'll get that before I start testing for O on CD11. I only have 3 OPK's on hand at the moment and it's rather expensive to get them at the drug store. EPT.com has them for about $1.25 each, as opposed to the drug store which gives you a pack of three for $15 - 25, depending on the brand. And since I've already paid for them, I'd kinda like to just have'em, ya know?

Well...that's all the news that's fit to print! I gotta get up off this internet and get some business accomplished for my upcoming move (i'm not leaving to France until 16th July, and then HK on 15th August, but the movers are coming on Thursday morning to pick up my stuff for shipping to HK). And since I'm still working full-time right up until I go on vacation at the end of the week, today is my last day to myself to get stuff done (i.e. all the laundry, all the packing, all the pre-purchasing...possibly buying another sewing machine to send along).

Stay tuned for the next installment. It's sure to be action packed!

No comments: