Friday, December 16, 2011

Reverb December 16th - Viaje (Trip)

Retroactive Reverb post number 16.
Theme: Viaje - Trip
Question: Where did you travel this year? What was your best trip?

The quick answer would be Hong Kong...But it wasn't/isn't my best trip. Not this year, and not in comparison with any year past. I came to Hong Kong for work and it's a good thing because I love my job. It's one of the only things I like about living in Hong Kong.

Other places I've traveled this year were both in France. In March I went to LaRochelle for work with the children. In July, just before we moved to HK, I went to LaBaule as I do every summer, also for work with the children.

Is it strange to say that my best trip this year was/is my current trip to Boston/NYC from HK for my Christmas vacation? There were so many things I wanted/prayed/hoped/needed to happen during this trip, and somehow the universe moved and bent to help it all happen. I only have two weeks of winter vacation. I only have two weeks in the US before returning to my new home in HK. I want to get knocked up, but 1) my sperm bank doesn't deliver internationally; and 2) i cannot undergo insemination in HK because reproductive/fertility/conception assistance is, by law, reserved for married couples in HK. So if I was going to have any chance to get pregnant before this year is out, I would need to ovulate at some point within these two very specific weeks...but not so early on in the two weeks that I wouldn't have the time to meet with my baby-making team at AICGB first. Some way, somehow, all of those things fell into place and now I'm in the the last part of the infamous Two-Week-Wait until I find out if my attempts will bear fruit. This has been my best trip all year! I hope that the IUI did it's thing and I can look back on this trip a few months from now and still see it that way...

No comments: